Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bathroom + Chandelier

I have long admired chandeliers, but always from a far. Sadly, there is no room for one in my bedroom, nor the hallway, entrance or kitchen (yes, I've considered it). So how about in the bathroom?

Let's take a step back for a moment. I had a look in the internet to see what the definition of a chandelier is; "A chandelier is a branched, decorative ceiling-mounted light fixture.Chandeliers are often ornate, using dozens of lamps and complex arrays of glass or crystal prisms to illuminate a room with refracted light.

I truly believe, any bathroom can manage to incorporate a chandelier.

What do you think? Would you ever put a chandelier in your bathroom or is the idea more dreamy than reality (like the object) ?

I always like to inject an ounce of whimsy and unexpectedness into decor and styling. My passion for re-purposing vintage items stems from this obsession. An even easier way to add whimsy is to mix-and-match the purpose of furnishings designed for other rooms. For example, put a vintage baker’s cabinet as the armoire in your bedroom, and two side coffee tables in the guest bathroom to hold towels and toiletries.

An easy way to inject some whimsy into your bathroom is by using non-traditional powder room furnishings. For example, a vintage fireplace mantle is perfect for framing your bathtub and creating an instant shelf (genius!). I also ADORE having chandeliers in the bathroom…it makes soaking in a clawfoot tub all the more grand. I can’t wait to find they perfect home so I can move in and install a clawfoot tub and a chandelier in the bathroom. *Sigh*


Captured by Danish photographer Morten Holtum. I love the freestanding tub, the irregular stone floor, and the moody clay walls, but what I find most seductive is the chandelier.
"Oversized, but airy. Detailed, but not ostentatious. It exudes a quiet glamour that makes itself known without undermining the other elements of the room. And it doesn't require an electrician to install. All that's missing is a rustic stool for my towel, a kilim for my feet, and a view of the olive groves. When I find it — or an acceptable alternative — you can bet it will have a place in my dream bathroom. (Though perhaps with a bit more headroom!)" (via apartment therapy)

Below are images I selected to demonstrate that there is a chandelier to suit any bathroom space & theme?
























No comments:

Post a Comment